APPLICATION DESIGN ENGINEER
Posted on: August 12, 2017
This position will collaborate with the sales team to provide front-line technical support and evaluation of new project opportunities. This includes communicating directly with existing and potential new customers to understand and evaluate technical project requirements, and selling the merits of Valtronic engineering and manufacturing services. Coordination of quoting activities, and ability to perform electrical and PCB design work is also expected.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Sales team to evaluate customer requirements and promote Valtronic technical engineering and manufacturing capabilities.
- Ability to directly interface with customers for project discovery, technical evaluation, and qualification of user requirements and project objectives.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations on Valtronic technical engineering and manufacturing services.
- Coordinate proposal generation including statement of work, technical proposal, cost and time estimates, and quality system requirements.
- Work with the Sales team to present proposals, respond to customer questions and close deals.
- Create a development plan for projects in accordance with customer requirements and Statement of Work
- Execute electrical and PCB development activities within project cost and timeline requirements.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to new clients and other staff members regarding customer revisions.
- Coordinate product hand off to sustaining engineering as part of design transfer activities.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about Legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments
Education and Skills
- The successful applicant will have BS or MS degree in Engineering, preferably Electrical Engineering. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience delivering technical presentations. Project management experience, along with a practical approach to defining customer's requirements and Engineering proposals is required. The candidate must have at least seven (7) years of medical, aerospace, or industrial engineering experience, including customer-facing capacities.
- The Application Engineer can expect up to 20 percent travel and occasionally conduct web conferences to global customers after hours. The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office software and have a working knowledge of CAD platforms (SolidWorks, Altium, or comparable).
Please include Electronic Design Engineer in the subject line of your reply. Please send resume in Microsoft Word format. No third party resumes or telephone calls.
Valtronic Technologies USA, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status. Valtronic Technologies USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Keywords: Valtronic, Detroit, APPLICATION DESIGN ENGINEER, Engineering, Solon , Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!