Company: Shanklin & Associates
Posted on: August 12, 2017
Our client is a leading provider of custom switchgear and solutions for the control, monitoring and distribution of electrical power and other critical processes. We are seeking a Project Manager with three (3) years or more of project management experience in the construction, manufacturing, oil & gas and/or power distribution industry, or with similarly complex projects. They will be responsible for prioritizing and directing project activities during the project life cycle to include planning, scheduling, change management, design, procurement, manufacturing, integration, testing, shipping, and subsequent handoff to Service. They will be acting as the primary contact between the customer and the organization in order to maintain existing customer relationships and drive customer satisfaction while meeting business objectives.
- Provides consultation on proposal development as required, including estimating project management efforts on projects and scheduling projects for proposals.
- Flows down contract requirements to the project team to ensure each team member is aware of his/her obligations.
- Develops the project schedule and allocate project budget based on initial commitments both internally and externally (contractual).
- Owns the execution of project activities to proactively meet project cost, schedule, deliverables, and manages scope changes to achieve customer requirements.
- Proactively manages both risks and opportunities and regularly communicates to the business and the customer as needed.
- Is responsible for customer deliverables in order to maintain project schedule, cost and scope.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of contractual invoicing, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments for major buys to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Bachelor Degree in business, engineering or other related field from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence a strong Matrix-organized team through the life cycle of a project including the establishment of a clear work breakdown structure (WBS) that aligns with project scope, budget and schedule.
- Strong experience to deliver technical solutions to customers.
Keywords: Shanklin & Associates, Detroit, Project Manager, Engineering, Akron , Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!